About Jan & Wayne
ACHIEVEMENTS and BACKGROUND
- CERTIFICATE ll SPORTING OPERATIONS - SPORTS ADMINISTRATION.
- Managed all public relations with parents and patrons for our tennis business since 1988 up until the present time in Toowoomba.
- Managed the TQ State Tennis Complex at Milton in Brisbane with Wayne for 3 years.
- Organises coaching and coaches, including payroll.
- Liaises with Schools for Newsletters Lessons court-bookings etc
- Excellent Telephone skills.
- Customer orientated and enjoys her job with both children and adults.
- Wayne Mason
- Former player (6 Years) in over 30 countries. Competed at Wimbledon French Australian South African Opens and British Hardcourt main draw etc – toured with over 20 Junior players in Europe coaching and training – three attained #1 Australian Junior rankings after travelling with me for periods over 6 months minimum. Coached over 20 Juniors ranked in the top 10 in Queensland.
- Highest ATP ranking of #73 (from 400+) for any Men’s player I coached and trained for periods exceeding 12 months.
- Exclusive Stringer at Wimbledon for Dunlop UK (organized my own staff).
- Davis Cup Tie stringer for both Australia (Neale Fraser) and USA (Arthur Ashe) at the same time in the US early 80’s.
- Sold Kmart USA 18,000 racquets to ship to over 500 stores nationwide – after stringing them within 6 weeks!
- Managed Qld Tennis Centre at Milton – 22 Courts plus stadium courts – sole coaching rights – 1985 to 1990 (Built from 4 to 12 Coaches).
- Queensland Linton AND Wilson Cup Manager/Coach, numerous occasions – State TQ Squads Head Coach
- Tennis Coaches Qld (TCA) President 1991 - 92 (State Coach Examiner and Qld rep to TA Education Committee)
- Brisbane Boys College in Brisbane – 1991 to 2001 – final rank on Staff as Director of Studies equivalent – became the largest Tennis Programme at a Qld School employing 3 full time coaches, 3 part-time and numerous other manager/coaches to over 300 Boys on seven courts and 20 offsite courts.
- Over 20 years in sales experience in the Australian Tennis Industry.
- Established www.TennisMason.com.au selling our own tennis products manufactured overseas.
- Purchased Torrington Tennis Centre in Toowoomba in 2004.
- Currently operating as ‘Tennis Mason’ and ‘Toowoomba Tennis Coaching’ since 2012.www.TennisMason.com.au